Did you know this about your newborn?
Babies heart begins to beat 18 days from conception.
Human babies are the only primates who smile at their parents.
A baby is born every three seconds.
Babies recognize the voice and smell of its mother at birth.
80% of babies are born with birth marks. The most common are port wine stains and stork bites.
Heaviest baby born was a boy weighing 22 pounds and 8 ounces.
Babies weight will triple at the end of the first year. If your baby was 7 pounds when he/she was born he will weight approximately 21 pounds.
Babies ears and nose never stops growing. Only eyes will remain the same size.
A child does not grow while he or she has a common cold.
All babies are born with blue eyes however within 6 to 12 months babies will develop their permanent eye color.
Reading to your little one will increase their knowledge.
Babies learn sign language before they are able to talk.
Babies are nearsighted and are only able to see objects or people approximately 8-12 inches away.
Breastfed babies typically get sick less. Breastfeeding reduces risk of diarrhea, stomach problems and ear infections.
Your baby’s umbilical cord takes about two weeks to fall off.
“Breakdown of average 29 pounds of pregnancy weight gain”
- Your Baby (average weight ) 7 to 8 pounds (7.5)
- Maternal Stores of Nutrients 5 to 9 pounds (7)
- Increased Pregnancy blood 3 to 4 pounds (3.5)
- Extra Retained Body Fluids 2 to 4 pounds (3)
- Amniotic Fluid Around Baby 2 to 3 pounds (2.5)
- Enlargement of the Uterus 2 to 5 pounds (3.5)
- Breast Tissue Enlargement 2 to 3 pounds (2.5)
- Placenta Surrounding the Baby 2 to 3 pounds (2.5)